cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Error in licensing Creo 6.0.2.0

MS_9460692
4-Participant

Error in licensing Creo 6.0.2.0

I have installed creo and added the license file which was given to me from my university. When i open creo, it says license request failed for feature and 7788@DESKTOP- 1987DS8: (-8) Invalid (inconsistent) license key.

Warning: (-96) cannot connect to server.

What should i do to resolve this issue.

5 REPLIES 5

@MS_9460692 wrote:

I have installed creo and added the license file which was given to me from my university. When i open creo, it says license request failed for feature and 7788@DESKTOP- 1987DS8: (-8) Invalid (inconsistent) license key.

Warning: (-96) cannot connect to server.

What should i do to resolve this issue.

Hi,

you have to understand what is inside license file. If you upload it I can tell you what I can see.

Martin Hanák

I have attached the license file.

@MS_9460692 wrote:

I have attached the license file.

Hi,

• your license file contains floating licenses for MAC address B8-2A-72-BF-65-16
  • please check if your PC contains network card with this MAC address and that this card is enabled and active
  • to access floating licenses FLEXnet license manager must be installed
  • your licenses need FLEXnet 14 or higher
  • please check what version of FLEXnet is installed
  • look for following services
    • FLEXlm server for PTC
    • lmadmin_ptc
  • run ptcstatus.bat from FLEXnet installation ... output information contains FLEXnet version

Martin Hanák

I attached the ptcstatus.bat. Can you please look at it and tell is it working or not and what else should i do?

@MS_9460692 wrote:

I attached the ptcstatus.bat. Can you please look at it and tell is it working or not and what else should i do?

Hi,

ptcstatus.bat output tells us that FLEXnet license manager is not running.

Please upload:

• license.dat file mentioned in ptcstatus.bat output
  • log files located in FLEXnet logs sub-directory

You can also:

• stop lmadmin_ptc service
  • open Command prompt window and launch lmadmin.exe (use full path to launch it)
    • sometimes this command throws valuable error message

Martin Hanák
Top Tags