cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Error message "licence request failed for Feature" - CREO 6

Is2209
3-Visitor

Error message "licence request failed for Feature" - CREO 6

Hi, my daughter tried to install the student version of Creo, however, when she got to the install licence section she hit enter and everything installed but obviously she had not input tje actual product code needed. We now get this error message and I'd like to know if someone can tell us how we can install this so that we can get the student version working and she can start to use the CAD software. 

Any help would be appreciated  

6 REPLIES 6
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Is2209)

Let's start simple.

Do you (or her) have a license file from PTC?

Is the license file generated with the proper codes for her laptop? The NIC address is required, but on a laptop, there are multiple address. PTC has a check tool that will return the address that their code is looking for. IPCONFIG/all usually displays them all for comparison. If she is always on wireless, you can use the wireless address returned by the IPCONFIG/all command.

Do you (or her) know how to use FlexNET for license management? Once the code is installed, you can add a license to the code or change licenses. Pretty easy if you know FlexNet admin utility.

Hi Ben, 

firstly thanks for trying to help. 

I would be lying if I said the licence had generated any code. She got to the screen where the product code with the "install licence" button, at that point the mouse was over the install licence and she hit it, but there was not code in the box. 

Do I go to the PTC site or the Creo site to find the check tool? 

I've not used Flexnet and neither has she. I am not to bad around a computer to be honest, well if its explained reasonable well! 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Since Creo is installed, the utility is too.

In the bin folder under your load point for Creo, <load_point>\PTC\Creo4m080\Creo 4.0\M080\Parametric\bin,

open a command prompt window and set it to that folder. Then run PTCHOSTID.BAT. This will display the hosted that the PTC code is looking for. If she is always on wireless, you should be good with that NIC address. If she is ever connected by wire, the active NIC address may change and not sure if Creo will still find the right one.

Once you have that, does she have a license file?

The license file should have these lines below the Summary Table:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#START: License File for HOST ID <NIC Address>
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SERVER __HOSTNAME__ PTC_HOSTID=<NIC Address> 7788
DAEMON ptc_d __PTCD_PATH__
#################### Extension ###########################

Replace the __HOSTNAME__ with the host name of the laptop.

If FlexNET is installed in a standard location, this should work for the DAEMON line:

DAEMON ptc_d "C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe"

Rebooting the lap top should restart FlexNET and grab the right license codes.

These lines are configured automatically when you install the program with the license file in local location that the system can find.

Is2209
3-Visitor

Guys, 

thanks for the messages which I have been trying to work through and see if I can get this to run. On christmas even I uninstalled the v6.0.2.0 that we had on the machine. V5 was never on the machine. 

We did get the latest version to install and we received an email headed PTC license pack, but when we click on it to download it seems to do nothing.  I've attached a screen shot of the latest error we get when opening parametrics and the screenshot of the PTC licence pack. 

Again, any help you can give to get my daughter in to use this would be appreciated. 

thanks

Brian & India

@Is2209 wrote:

Guys, 

thanks for the messages which I have been trying to work through and see if I can get this to run. On christmas even I uninstalled the v6.0.2.0 that we had on the machine. V5 was never on the machine. 

We did get the latest version to install and we received an email headed PTC license pack, but when we click on it to download it seems to do nothing.  I've attached a screen shot of the latest error we get when opening parametrics and the screenshot of the PTC licence pack. 

Again, any help you can give to get my daughter in to use this would be appreciated. 

thanks

Brian & India

Hi,

1.]

BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat contains Creo 5.0 license. It does not enable you to start Creo 6.0.

2.]

Uninstall Creo 6.0.

Remove C:\Program Files\PTC directory.

Remove C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory.

3.]

Install Creo 6.0.

You must enter Product code.

K-12 students can use Product code BE600908EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI

---

Also read carefully:

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_schools_standard.pdf 

or

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo6_unistudent_standard.pdf 

Martin Hanák
Top Tags