cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Exporting STL and DXF files from PTC Creo

TimBrotherhood
1-Newbie

Exporting STL and DXF files from PTC Creo

Why do we use CAD?  The most likely response to this questions is to make things.

So, how do we make the link between the Creo model and the manufacturing tools?  There are two types of output commonly used in schools, 2D profiles are exported as DXF files to drive laser cutters, knife cutters and CNC engravers.  3D shapes are exported as Stereolithography (STL) files and exported to drive 3D printers and CNC machines.

This short guide shows how to export files in DXF and STL format from Creo.

For schools, colleges and universities teaching engineering courses, PTC provides Creo with full NC capability.

2 REPLIES 2

Thanks Tim, for making it clear that the academic version supports these exports. 

The only thing I don't see (upon a quick review) is that STL is not available if there are no solid bodies in the model.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but only solid bodies can be exported to STL.

Well spotted. 🙂

Only if the model has solid features will the STL option be available in the list of file types.  Thanks for picking up on this.

Top Tags