cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

FTC Kickoff 2012 -- Getting Started with Mathcad Prime

ChrisHartmann
1-Newbie

FTC Kickoff 2012 -- Getting Started with Mathcad Prime

Here we go! Another FTC Season is about to get underway and PTC is happy to be sponsoring an FTC Kickoff Event at Newton North High School tomorrow. I am getting ready for my Mathcad demonstrations. Here's the title and abstract:

Predict, Model, & Communicate with Mathcad Prime

Mathcad Prime™ is a powerful and easy-to-use tool for engineering calculations. Mathcad enables users to combine text, mathematics, data analysis, and plotting in a live engineering worksheet. Whether you are designing a gear box or analyzing performance data from a launch mechanism, Mathcad provides the tools required to perform engineering calculations with speed, accuracy, and transparency. Come see how Mathcad Prime’s capabilities can support your team’s success this year.

In the demonstration I will present a strategy for getting started with Mathcad Prime:

1. Start simple to encoruage participation and build culture
  2. Encourage team members to use Mathcad Prime in school to gain experience
  3. Attend a PTC hands-on workshop or a Robotalk Webinar

The .zip folderattached to this Blog Post contains my presentation and the demonstration files that I will use in the workshop.  You will need Mathcad Prime to open the worksheets. Click here to download and install Mathcad Prime (you should use your Planet PTC username and password as your PTC.com password). 

If you have not yet received a product code from PTC's FIRST program, you can install Mathcad Prime with a 30-day  trial license and use your product code to activate your free  1-year term license at a later date. Since the licensing occurs within Mathcad Prime, you will not need to reinstall the software to activate the license. Visit our website to request product codes for Mathcad Prime 2.0.

In relation to Strategy #3, I want to make you aware of our Robotalk Webinars. Sepetember is Mathcad month.  We began our Robotalk Webinars last week. You can find the Robotalk 2012 Mathcad Webinar 1 (September 5 2012)demonstration portion of this past week'sRobotalk 2012 Mathcad Webinar 1 (September 5 2012) Webinar here on our Planet PTC FIRST Community.  Click here to sign up for Mathcad Webinar 2: Engineering Automation -- Specs & Formulas in Mathcad.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags