cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Fuel Tank

NickVallo
1-Newbie

Fuel Tank

Hi,

So according to the constraints there needs to be a space for a required amount a fuel. I was wondering, do we need to design a fuel tank to reside inside of the wing or simply leave space for it.

Thanks,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Nick,

You would need to create a fuel tank for your design. In the instructional video I will illustrate the process to do this. Keep in mind the overall weight of the fuel is 40,000 lbs. Since we are creating a single wing, we are only concerned about half the weight in fuel.

You need to evaluate the size of the tank to fit this amount of fuel. I will describe the process for all teams in the videos.

It will need to be confined between the spars and 15% and 70% of the chord span.

Thanks,

Mark

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Nick,

You would need to create a fuel tank for your design. In the instructional video I will illustrate the process to do this. Keep in mind the overall weight of the fuel is 40,000 lbs. Since we are creating a single wing, we are only concerned about half the weight in fuel.

You need to evaluate the size of the tank to fit this amount of fuel. I will describe the process for all teams in the videos.

It will need to be confined between the spars and 15% and 70% of the chord span.

Thanks,

Mark

Thankyou

Top Tags