cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Getting Started with Mathcad Prime: Robotalk Webinar 1 (September 5, 2012)

ChrisHartmann
1-Newbie

Getting Started with Mathcad Prime: Robotalk Webinar 1 (September 5, 2012)

I just finished the first Robotalk Webinar of the 2012 season, a basic introduction to Mathcad Prime for the first time user. One of the questions that was asked was: Do you need a basic understanding of calculus to use Mathcad? The answer is a definite, "No!" Mathcad Prime has a wide scope of usability from basic algebra to differential equations and beyond. This is good news for FIRST participants. As your knowledge and experience in math, science, and engineering increases, Mathcad has many functionalities that you will need to help you overcome the challenges that you will face. Mathcad will not be the only engineering software package that you will use, but it may be the most trusted and reliable resource on your desktop.

I am in the process of uploading the content of the webinar for those who missed the session. I have started a discussion on the Planet PTC FIRST Community that contains the worksheets that were included in tonight's Robotalk Webinar. I am also in the process of posting Video Link : 3240to Mathcad on the Videos page. I have also attached it as an.mp4 file below. It is a 50MB file, so be sensible about downloading it. I hope that the video link will be available soon so that you can watch it directly from the community.

Video Link : 3240

Segments of the Webinar will also be available soon as videos on PTC's Learning Exchange.  On this resource they will be available as 2-3 minute snipppets, rather than as a 20-minute Mathcad 101 presentation. I recommend the 20-minute version for new users. If you have used Mathcad before, you can find my videos plus videos by other Mathcad experts on the Learning Exchange.

We will continue to offer Robotalk Webinars throughout the fall on Wednesday evenings at 7 pm EST. For information on how to register for upcoming webinars please email us.

If you have questions about how to use Mathcad Prime, please start a discussion on the Planet PTC FIRST Community so that we can make the answers public.

Before signing off for the night, here is a description of the next three Robotalk Webinars:

September 12 @ 7 pm EST

Engineering Automation: Specs & Formulas with Mathcad Prime  (click to register)

September 19 @ 7 pm EST

Precision Engineering: Computer Algebra Symbolics and Solve Blocks with Mathcad Prime

September 26 @ 7 pm EST

Data Analysis and Predictive Engineering with Mathcad Prime

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags