cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Help needed installing 3.0 PTC Creo

ptc-4734330
1-Newbie

Help needed installing 3.0 PTC Creo

I really would like to use this CAD program with my daughter who is on a USFirst team.She has expressed a interest in doing the design drawing for the Robot team this year. The program took a 12 hrs to download with our slow internet .

Followed the instructions to the letter and came up with this error see 37-38 .

Then we tried to install on her laptop and got a little farther ,photo 34 got to the install page but only installed a few things required and both home computer and lap top running windows 8. Just not sure what is wrong with this .

Thanks

Lee Cole

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ryan,

.It is working now and let me tell you how I acheve it . First off as I said I have slow internet

and the 3 different down loads required 12 hours each of un-protected service as it states to disable firewall.

This is a problem with 8.1 it went unchecked and depending on your apps installed they come on and

off as the hours progress. I was able to download a clean copy on faster conection and it took far less

time . Not sure if this is the ansure but it is now working.

Lee Cole

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I was able to get to about the same spot as you did in photo (34) then it fails. Whish we had an asnwer. I'm trying to install so my son can use it.

Hi Ryan,

.It is working now and let me tell you how I acheve it . First off as I said I have slow internet

and the 3 different down loads required 12 hours each of un-protected service as it states to disable firewall.

This is a problem with 8.1 it went unchecked and depending on your apps installed they come on and

off as the hours progress. I was able to download a clean copy on faster conection and it took far less

time . Not sure if this is the ansure but it is now working.

Lee Cole

Top Tags