cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How do I reset the motor analysis?

avijayakumar
1-Newbie

How do I reset the motor analysis?

We created a simple model to try to learn how to simulate movement in PTC Creo, but after I see it successfully simulate, it forces me to delete all the servo motors and the the motor analysis (after I regenerate the model as well). Would you be able to describe how I should reset the model and how to save a playback to save the animation. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

It's not clear to me why Creo would remove the kinematic definition unless you did not save it before exiting Mechanism mode. If you're unclear on the process, check the How to Model Almost Anything curriculum as a reference.

I checked the How to Model Almost Anything curriculum, but I am still unsure on if i'm saving the motor analysis and the motors correctly. Would you be able to take a look and see if its a constraint issue as like my last model? Thank you!

This is the link to the model: Simulation.asm.zip - PTC Community

The first problem is that your first component in the assembly has no constraints. This is bad for any assembly and even worse for a kinematic assembly. The first model added to the assembly must be grounded and fully constrained. To do that, just edit the placement and add the Default constraint. Your second model is assembled properly.

Looking at the servo motor assembly, it appears you are using the generic assembly which includes both the metal and plastic horn. You should change your assembly to only use one or the other, but not the generic since it contains both designs. This can be done quickly by using the right mouse button option for Replace and choose one of the instances (metal or plastic).

To define the motor, you need to enter Mechanism mode and define the type of motor you'd like to create. I was assuming your question was about defining and saving the motor definition in Mechanism mode, but maybe it was due to the sporadic behavior of your assembly with the missing default constraint for the first component and the competing pin joint connections in the generic servo motor.

I'll upload a new copy of the updated CAD model to your document.

Top Tags