cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to create a chain in Creo Parametric

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

How to create a chain in Creo Parametric

Lots of people ask about how to create a chain in Creo Parametric. PTC has been providing a User Defined Feature (UDF) to create a chain in the FTC KOP for some time, but apparently we never gave enough information on how to use it. The design was created by Mobius Innovation and Development and is available on their website with PDF instructions on how to use it. It includes a great video showing how to add it to both Metric and Inch models.

Once created, the chain is a complex model, so don't worry about adding it too early in the design process or use a Simplified Representation to exclude it from your working model.

http://www.mobiusid.com/free-downloads/

rollerchain.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:sm)

This is interesting enough to cross-post into the regular Creo Modeling section.

It is an interesting example of including screen annotation with the UDF.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

This question was raised in the most recent RoboTALK webcast and I thought I would add a comment to make it more visible to folks.

dmcclinton
11-Garnet

Scott

Please define what does this acronym mean FTC KOP ? Huh What Where... I have no clue ?

Thanks
Dave

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dmcclinton)

Dave,

Sorry about that. Lots of acronyms in the FIRST world. KOP is Kit of Parts. The kit of parts each team receives at the start of the season. Its different for FTC and FRC.

-Scott

FPerez
12-Amethyst

Thanks a lot. I try as soon as possible !

Best regards

Beyontech1
1-Newbie

It works well for the 9.525 chain but I have an 8MM chain.

How do I modify a UDF to allow me to change the links?

Top Tags