cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to run an existing license of Creo 2.0 on a new PC?

nfußwinkel
1-Newbie

How to run an existing license of Creo 2.0 on a new PC?

Hi,

I bought a new PC and I would like to use my old license of Creo 2.0 on the new hardware. I can't reconfigure the license without having Creo installed. So what to do?

Thank's for your advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

license file cannot be modified !!! Now you know it .

Suggested steps:

• remove Creo 2.0 from new PC
  • remove modified license file from new PC
  • download and install Creo 3.0 using information included in uploaded files
  • install Creo 2.0 and use license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

do you use Student license or Academic license ? Please launch Creo on old PC, make a screenshot of Creo window and publish it.

Student license is locked to MAC address of network card. That means you have to get new license for new PC. Install Creo 2.0 on new hardware and you will see, whether PTC sends you license for it.

In case of Academic license you have to ask your CAD school admin to provide license for new hardware.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin!

Thank you very much for answering so fast It seem to be a Student license. Unfortunattly the old PC is dissambled and the harddisk is overwritten already so I can't make any screenshots.

The MAC address was a great hint! I replaced the old address in the licensefile (which is basically just a regular textfile) and now the installation works fine.

EDIT:

After installing i saw that chaging the MAC destroys the license file. Does the PTC-support replace the license file for my new hardware? How do other students handle this issue?

Hi,

license file cannot be modified !!! Now you know it .

Suggested steps:

• remove Creo 2.0 from new PC
  • remove modified license file from new PC
  • download and install Creo 3.0 using information included in uploaded files
  • install Creo 2.0 and use license file located in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I really appreciate your help. My university changed to Creo 3.0 last semester, so I won't have to bother with my old Creo 2.0 license anymore. I did what's told in install_creo3_unistudent_standard.pdf and I received a new license for Creo 3.0 expiring in Oct. 2017.

Problem solved

Top Tags