cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

How to use .dat file for multi-seat academic license

Coach7802
1-Newbie

How to use .dat file for multi-seat academic license

I requested a 10-seat Academic License for my FTC team to use on our team laptops.  Several team members do not have personal laptops or reliable internet access.  I thought this would be a good solution. 

I received a blank email with a .dat file attached.  I can open the file in Notepad to see it's contents but I see no instructions on how to use this file.  I've called for support and simply got told to go fill out the support form to start a case or to send an email to creo-trial@ptc.com. I can't find the form.  I've received no response to the email request. 

Downloading the student program, with each laptop using different user info, is a renewal nightmare.  I thought a since license for 10 seats would be simpler. 

Does anyone know how I'm supposed to use the .dat file I received to set up the team laptops?

2 REPLIES 2

You can submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

Hello,

You can register for the licenses, all the part kits and field elements in Creo here:

https://www.ptc.com/en/academic-program/student/first

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags