cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

I have downloaded creo 3.0, but every time i hit run on "setup.exe" it asks permission to make changes to the computer, then i hit "yes", and then nothing happens. How can i fix that?

rtruitt
1-Newbie

I have downloaded creo 3.0, but every time i hit run on "setup.exe" it asks permission to make changes to the computer, then i hit "yes", and then nothing happens. How can i fix that?

Please help

12 REPLIES 12
svillafuerte
6-Contributor
(To:rtruitt)

Did you try to right mouse click on the setup.exe and choose "Run as Administrator"?

I have Windows 10 Microsoft Edge, when I right click, the options that come up are "open", "open inside", or "open outside". Tried all 3 and none worked. There is no option to "run" or "run as administrator".

I've also turned off all anti-virus systems as well with no success

Hi,

use different browser for downloading zip file ... Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 11

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

did you unzip downloaded zip file before running setup.exe ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Run as Administrator is on your ribbon in windows explorer. Maybe this will help.

File_Explorer_Ribbon-1.jpg

So I've downloaded both the 64 and 32 bit versions and attempted to open both as administrator, yet both still will not begin actually downloading the application after I hit "yes" to the pop up window that says "Is it okay for this application to make changes to your computer". Antivirus is shut off, no viruses in computer, downloaded both versions with chrome and edge with both the download manager and the HTTPS option, and yet no success. Very frustrating as I have performed every step of the tutorial over the last couple days and nothing has worked. If anyone else has any other suggestions please let me know ASAP - I can not complete any homework until this is resolved.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rtruitt)

Toby Metcalf‌, can you move this to academic support.

You may have a bad download.

I've heard of issues with  download manager, used to it only worked well with firefox. (I can't verify if that has been fixed).

Dear Ryan,

This is because of Virus problem in your PC. Please clear all the virus and then try to install it. I suffered from same problem.

If it not works, Contact me I will help you..

Thank You

Saurabh Kulkarni

So now I have re-downloaded it with Chrome onto the same laptop and it still wont open when I hit "open" and then "yes, make changes to the computer" on the "setup.exe" file. I also rescanned my computer and it could not find any viruses. I do not know what else I can do, any other suggestions?

Hi,

OK, you downloaded zip file.

In what folder is it located ?

What is its name ?

Did you unzip it ? In what folder ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Moving to academic support

Top Tags