cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have downloaded creo 3.0, but every time i hit run on "setup.exe" it asks permission to make changes to the computer, then i hit "yes", and then nothing happens. How can i fix that?

Level 1

I have downloaded creo 3.0, but every time i hit run on "setup.exe" it asks permission to make changes to the computer, then i hit "yes", and then nothing happens. How can i fix that?

Please help

12 REPLIES 12

Re: I have downloaded creo 3.0, but every time i hit run on "setup.exe" it asks permission to make changes to the computer, then i hit "yes", and then nothing happens. How can i fix that?

Did you try to right mouse click on the setup.exe and choose "Run as Administrator"?

Re: I have downloaded creo 3.0, but every time i hit run on "setup.exe" it asks permission to make changes to the computer, then i hit "yes", and then nothing happens. How can i fix that?

I have Windows 10 Microsoft Edge, when I right click, the options that come up are "open", "open inside", or "open outside". Tried all 3 and none worked. There is no option to "run" or "run as administrator".

I've also turned off all anti-virus systems as well with no success

Toby Metcalf‌, can you move this to academic support.

You may have a bad download.

I've heard of issues with  download manager, used to it only worked well with firefox. (I can't verify if that has been fixed).

Hi,

did you unzip downloaded zip file before running setup.exe ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Dear Ryan,

This is because of Virus problem in your PC. Please clear all the virus and then try to install it. I suffered from same problem.

If it not works, Contact me I will help you..

Thank You

Saurabh Kulkarni

Moving to academic support

Hi,

use different browser for downloading zip file ... Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 11

MH

Martin Hanák

So now I have re-downloaded it with Chrome onto the same laptop and it still wont open when I hit "open" and then "yes, make changes to the computer" on the "setup.exe" file. I also rescanned my computer and it could not find any viruses. I do not know what else I can do, any other suggestions?