cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Import Autodesk Inventor 2020 Files in Creo Illustrate Professional 6.0

MarcoNFT
9-Granite

Import Autodesk Inventor 2020 Files in Creo Illustrate Professional 6.0

Hello ladys and gentlemen,

first of all, i want to apologize for my bad english.

I'm a student from germany and i'm currently working on my technician project.

I already designed a 3D model of my machine in Autodesk Inventor 2020.

There are problems with importing both of  the autodesk inventor files (.ipt and .iam) into Creo Illustrate Professional 6.0. 

I attached the error log from Creo.

error log_creo6.0.JPG

Maybe someone can help me with my problem.

Best regards

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@MarcoNFT wrote:

There are problems with importing both of  the autodesk inventor files (.ipt and .iam) into Creo Illustrate Professional 6.0. 

error log_creo6.0.JPG

Best regards

Marco

Hi,

I guess that the answer is very simple ... in Creo Illustrate 6.0 the ability to open Autodesk Inventor 2020 file is not yet implemented. Usually it takes several months to implement the ability to read new file format.

On https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/compatibility/technicalgraphicscompendium_168055 page there is a link to PDF file containing Technical Graphics Compendium. On page 7 I can see this

inventor.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hello,

Please try importing the assembly in Creo Parametric first and save it from there as a PVZ. Illustrate works great with PVZ and Creo Parametric can import you assembly and convert it to PVZ.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

thank you for the quick answer. 

We don't have Creo Parametric in our partnership package.

But I Think this wouldn't be the solution i looked for anyway.

I saw youtube tutorials, where Autodesk Inventor files were linked directly in Creo Illustrate.

The advantage is that i can change my 3D model in Inventor and i have directly the updated

model in Creo Illustrate.

Do you have another solution for my problem?

I mean there is the option to directly import Autodesk Inventor.

Import Files Creo.jpg

Best regards

Marco

You can use "STEP" file format as an option.

Good morning,

STEP file is working but i have to touch up the model again in CREO .

This is not the best solution for me anyway. I have to update my 3D-model in Inventor.

There is the possibility to link Inventor models. The linked models should be automatically updated

when i save the new Inventor file.  Why is it not working?

Best regards

Marco

Hello,

There could be many reason for that, starting from license missing the tool to allow importing to incompatibility (educational/commercial between the software). 

I'd like to try to solve your problem, so could we move the conversation on email? Please send me an email on acazacu@ptc.com

Thanks,

Alex

@MarcoNFT wrote:

error log_creo6.0.JPG

Best regards

Marco

Hi,

I guess that the answer is very simple ... in Creo Illustrate 6.0 the ability to open Autodesk Inventor 2020 file is not yet implemented. Usually it takes several months to implement the ability to read new file format.

On https://www.ptc.com/en/support/refdoc/compatibility/technicalgraphicscompendium_168055 page there is a link to PDF file containing Technical Graphics Compendium. On page 7 I can see this

inventor.png

Martin Hanák

Ohh that's too bad. This should be the problem. Unfortunately i  looked over it. 

I guess i have to try to get an older version of Inventor and try to import my model there first.

Thank's for your help.

P.S. Is there already a date, when Autodesk Inventor 2020 Files are implemented in Creo 6.0?

@MarcoNFT wrote:

Ohh that's too bad. This should be the problem. Unfortunately i  looked over it. 

I guess i have to try to get an older version of Inventor and try to import my model there first.

Thank's for your help.

P.S. Is there already a date, when Autodesk Inventor 2020 Files are implemented in Creo 6.0?

Hi,

unfortunatelly I do not know when Autodesk Inventor 2020 file format will be recognized by Creo. I guess it will be Creo 7.0, not 6.0.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags