cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Importing Blocks into Creo 2.0

dwright-2
1-Newbie

Importing Blocks into Creo 2.0

I am very new to Creo 2.0 and I am having trouble importing a drawing from Autocad that includes Blocks. When I import a .dxf into Creo all the blocks are individual lines. Is there a certain method that should be used when importing different formats from other drawing software, i.e. Solid Edge, Autocad, etc., into Creo 2.0 in order to maintain all the attributes as they were in the original software used to create the drawing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:dwright-2)

Doug,

You're process is correct. Creo uses Open for Import. If you want to bring the DXF into a Sketch, use the File System icon in the Get Data ribbon group. If you want to import the DXF to an existing CAD model, use the drop down arrow in the Get Data ribbon group to select the Import action.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Doug, I am sure there is. Can you send me the file you're working with? Also need to know what you're trying to do with it. Use in sketcher, import as 2D, etc.

dwright-2
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Scott -

Thanks for the reply. I found this yesterday after my post. I hope I inserted the link correctly. I think part of the problem was that I was opening a .dxf file in Creo and this post shows importing it into Creo. I haven't found exactly found where the import function is yet however. See if you think this may be the solution and can you direct me to the import function menu?

Thanks,

Doug

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Doug,

You're process is correct. Creo uses Open for Import. If you want to bring the DXF into a Sketch, use the File System icon in the Get Data ribbon group. If you want to import the DXF to an existing CAD model, use the drop down arrow in the Get Data ribbon group to select the Import action.

dwright-2
1-Newbie

Thanks again for your help.

Doug

dwright-2
1-Newbie

Scott -

I think I have it. Here are the steps.

Click OPEN to open a new file

Select File Type DXF