cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Incomplete Feature?

KurtPoser
1-Newbie

Incomplete Feature?

As I am learning Creo I noticed that when I apply the Hole Tool to a surface all apprears to be working, but I can't finalize the drawing by selecting the green check mark. All other buttoms alongside the check mark work fine, but selecting it doesn't complete the hole. This makes me wonder if I am doing something wrong, the installation wasn't complete or it is a bug of some sort. Whatever the case, I need to get it fixed and am hoping someone in this community can help me.

Thanks for your time.

Kurt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:KurtPoser)

Hi Kurt,

You are probably missing a couple of references.

The hole first needs a surface to be on. Then it needs to be constrained so that it can't move on that surface without changing a dimension.

Another method would be to locate a hole through an axis that's already defined, and then on a surface that the axis goes through.

Perhaps you can post a screenshot to show what you are doing?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoshH
3-Visitor

Hi Kurt,

You are probably missing a couple of references.

The hole first needs a surface to be on. Then it needs to be constrained so that it can't move on that surface without changing a dimension.

Another method would be to locate a hole through an axis that's already defined, and then on a surface that the axis goes through.

Perhaps you can post a screenshot to show what you are doing?

Thanks Joshua. That did it. It makes complete sense, but I was looking for idiot-proof operation. However, I am dealing with a very tool that is amazingly powerful and not meant to be operated by idiots. I know more of what to expect now.

Thanks for your help. I am looking for online tools that will help me learn Creo well. I have a very nice book too, but additional online help will always help.

Have a nice week.

Kurt

JoshH
3-Visitor

Glad to help Kurt!

Although you are dealing with a tool that can build rockets, I know PTC doesn't want it to be difficult. Feedback from people like you that are diving in for the first time really do give valuable feedback. Hopefully PTC will take into account your expectation that "Green means go" and incorporate that into the UI.

Personally, I love some of the online tutorials available from PTC in the help pages and here http://www.ptc.com/products/tutorials/index.htm.

The high school students I've trained in the past seem to do really well starting from existing models and then doing simple operations, building up to developing their own models.

I wish you luck and fun!

Josh

Top Tags