cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Inputting Material Densities

GaryDillard
1-Newbie

Inputting Material Densities

I use ProE Wildfire at work so I'm new to Creo, and I'm not sure if this is specific to the student version or not. We downloaded the field files yesterday (thanks, they look great), and we were looking to calculate the mass and CG of the rotating part of the ramp. The densities all came across as default (1.0), so I was going to show the students how to input the density, assuming it was the same as ProE (edit>Setup>Mass Properties), but there is no Setup in the edit pulldown menu. When we run a mass properties analysis, it prompts for the densities so we could input them there, but it didn't appear to save the values as a parameter that I could find anywhere (it did seem to store the values somewhere in the files, however). Is there some straightforward way to change densities or read in material property files in Creo?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In non-academic Creo 1, you use File > Prepare > Model Properties to bring up the Model Properties dialog.

In the Model Properties dialog, you selct on the "Change" button for Mass Properties, under the Materials group.

Creo 1 Mass Props.jpg

This will launch the Mass Properties dialog below where you can set density.

Creo 1 Mass Props2.jpg

I hope it's the same in the student version.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

In non-academic Creo 1, you use File > Prepare > Model Properties to bring up the Model Properties dialog.

In the Model Properties dialog, you selct on the "Change" button for Mass Properties, under the Materials group.

Creo 1 Mass Props.jpg

This will launch the Mass Properties dialog below where you can set density.

Creo 1 Mass Props2.jpg

I hope it's the same in the student version.

Thanks Celia - we'll give it a try this afternoon.

Top Tags