cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install errors

SOLVED
ptc-5165880

Install errors

I am a FIRST FTC mentor of a rookie team and struggling with installation. Using the install from web option. I have my firewall off and am running as administrator. When I try to generate a license code it tells me invalid and to contact support. When I try to use the license code I rec'd in the email I get the following error message. Very frustrated and I would love some help with this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Install errors

Hi Kristin,

A lot of the time the installation assistant will become "non-responsive" if it is the being run as a "web installer". My recommendation to you would be to download the full DVD (found here as Win 32-64 DVD (4478 MB)) and then run the installation from there. If this does not fix the problem, please let me know!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Kristin,

A lot of the time the installation assistant will become "non-responsive" if it is the being run as a "web installer". My recommendation to you would be to download the full DVD (found here as Win 32-64 DVD (4478 MB)) and then run the installation from there. If this does not fix the problem, please let me know!

View solution in original post

Kristin,

It might also help to follow the installation instructions detailed here after downloading the DVD from the link Mark provided.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Thanks! Downloading it in the DVD format worked perfectly. We were also able to store the downloaded software onto a USB flash drive and install it on all of the teams laptops without having to re-download it over the internet. The directions were clear and concise frmo that point forward!

Thanks again,

Kristin Clemons

Mentor FTC Team #7037

Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!