cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Installed Creo 2.0 wont run without admin rights?

dsmith-2
1-Newbie

Installed Creo 2.0 wont run without admin rights?

Hi all,

We have just installed Creo 2.0 with the license server method.

The software loads when run as an admin level user but not when run as a non admin user.

We have done the step of adding full file access to the 'common files' folder for 'everyone' step.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:dsmith-2)

Hi David,

What happens when you just run the software with no admin? Does Creo just not open up?

It sounds to me like an antivirus or other security software is preventing Creo from launching correctly. This happens most commonly with Microsoft Security Essentials. Do you have any security software installed on the client computers?

Hi Mark,

When you click any of the software elements logged on as an admin user the programs open fine.

When you click any of the software elements logged on as a standard user the mouse icon changes to a blue swirling circle for a few seconds and then back to a normal pointer, but no software loads.

Its as though its trying to launch something but unable too.

Microsoft security essentials is not active on our pc's, But Sophos is. However sophos is active for both types of users.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

David,

You may want to completely open up the security settings on the entire PTC folder in Program Files. It's a long shot, but it's worked for me in the past.

Also, even though Sophos is active for both users I think running as admin might have some effect on bypassing the security. Can you allow parametric.exe to run with sophos?

Hi,

I have completely removed the Anti-Virus from the pc, I have also given all users full access to the PTC folder. The same thing happens.

Anything else I can try?

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

David,

Can you submit a support request about this: http://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/forms/index.jsp?&im_dbkey=142574&icg_dbkey=482

We will be able to help you much more directly if you do this. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Mark,

I have submitted a support request about this 4 and 1 day ago respectively but have recieved no reply.

Hi Mark,

I see there is activity on the boards. Is there an update to this support request at all?

I have submitted a support request as requested twice and heard nothing.

Top Tags