cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is it possible to import Autodesk parts into Creo 2.0 Student Edition?

japrilliano
1-Newbie

Is it possible to import Autodesk parts into Creo 2.0 Student Edition?

Hi,

I am currently a high school student looking to get into CAD. I have spent a lot of time with Inventor but I would like to move on to better software. I mainly do stuff with VEX parts for my robotics team but I'm having issues. Is it possible to import Autodesk parts into Parametric? Here is the link to the VEX parts I use http://www.autodesk.com/education/competitions-and-events/vex/recommended-software (the 2013/2014 version near the bottom), if that helps. I know with Creo 3.0 this is possible but I'm unsure about the Student 2.0 version.

Any comments you guys may have towards this would be much appreciated!

Thank you!
Jake

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:japrilliano)

Jake,

Glad to hear you're intestered in Creo! You can absolutely import them into the student edition of 2.0. When you click on either Open or Assemble (if you're creating an assembly) you have the option to change the file Type that you are a looking at (see below). If you set it to Inventor Parts or Inventor Assemblies you should be able to import them.

8-12-2014 12.26.50 PM.png

This will be much improved when Unit technologies comes to Creo 3.0, so keep an eye out for it!

Let me know if you have any more questions .8-12-2014 12.31.00 PM.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:japrilliano)

Jake,

Glad to hear you're intestered in Creo! You can absolutely import them into the student edition of 2.0. When you click on either Open or Assemble (if you're creating an assembly) you have the option to change the file Type that you are a looking at (see below). If you set it to Inventor Parts or Inventor Assemblies you should be able to import them.

8-12-2014 12.26.50 PM.png

This will be much improved when Unit technologies comes to Creo 3.0, so keep an eye out for it!

Let me know if you have any more questions .8-12-2014 12.31.00 PM.png

Top Tags