cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Issue with the student license

GAS_CLAUDIO
4-Participant

Issue with the student license

I've to install ptc creo for university. I've already used it on my pc but then when i had to reset it for other problems (not regarding PTC) i've tried to put back PTC  but it gives me a problem with the license.

The setup says 'error' when i enter BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12  as the license key and my personal email (it's not a problem of email/password because they are the same of this forum).

I've tried to put manually the license i've got from the previous installation by email but it says ' File or format not valid'.

What can i do? 

(The text in the photo is italian)

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

1.]

I can check the contents of your "old" license file ... pleas upload it.

2.]

Installer reporting Error is problem reported many times in the past.

Sometimes users get correct license file via email.

Sometimes the problem was related to network card configuration in Windows. Please run ipconfig /all  > ip.txt command in Command Prompt window and upload ip.txt file.

Martin Hanák

Hi, thanks for your response. 

Attached there are the 2 files you said, i hope that would help solve the problem.

Hi,

1.] contents of license file sw_license_email_3920738.dat

The file contains licenses related to network card with physical address 44-8A-5B-67-65-99.

Unfortunatelly physical address 44-8A-5B-67-65-99 is not present in ip.txt.txt file ... this means that network card with physical address 44-8A-5B-67-65-99 is not available.

2.] network card with physical address 44-8A-5B-67-65-99

ip.txt.txt file does not contain information related to Ethernet network card. I can see information related to WiFi network card (Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, C0-B6-F9-B1-ED-38).

I guess, Ethernet network card is disabled on your PC. Try enabling it and check ipconfig /all > ip.txt output again.

3.] Creo Parametric license name

License file sw_license_email_3920738.dat contains Creo Parametric license named CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3, you can use the license to launch Creo Parametric up to release 5.0.

Martin Hanák

Thanks again for your response. 

It turned out that i was trying to install a license linked to another pc of mine. So i've found the right license i've got by email, when i select setup.exe>setup license>select folder.. i put that license, it loads a little and then says 'available'.

But when i click exit/finish in the bottom-right corner there's no pop out (or anything like that) and when i try to open a program (let's say creo parametric) it says 'license request failed for feature'.

i've attached to this message ip.exe again, the new license i've found and the proof of the errors i've.

p.s i've tried to put a wrong password but it gives a different error and asks me to re-enter the password

Hi,

1.] uninstall Creo

2.] install Creo using setup.exe

3.] do not enter Product Code

install.png

Martin Hanák
Top Tags