Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Connector issues (?)

Re: Learning Connector issues (?)

i will join it too...

i love the software uptil pro/e wildfire 4.0 i guess.

and creo 3.0..as i mentioned before...other than unite technology...which will come in M020...i just don't get it..how can they release F000 without it..and keep saying about it.

they stopped our maintenenace mid-way..because we did not have 51% of licences under maintenance(new rule)

we have only two licenses by the way.they never informed us when we were buying the second licenese about this rule.

they just do not care for small customers...so sad actually.

the symbol creation for drawing in creo 3.0 is still a big joke.

names of datum plane in part and assembly mode is intersecting with the outline of plane (creo 2.0 & creo 3.0)..but who cares..

or the guys and PTC cannot see it.

they are still enjoying the benefits of the past glory..and they do not want to accept it.

one day that would end...

when we pay..i don't think there should be any excuses...none what so ever.....

Brian,

I am sorry about the difficulties you have had running Creo Learning Connector with IE11.

It seems you were given the wrong information by Technical Support. IE11 support was added for Creo Learning Connector in April 2014. As you mentioned, Creo 2.0 M100 is required if you are going to use Creo Learning Connector with IE11. This is because prior to Creo 2.0 M100 there was a problem with how IE10 and 11 were embedded. With the fix in Creo 2.0 M100, Creo Learning Connector could be updated and was updated April 2014.

So you should be able to use Creo Learning Connector with Creo 2.0 M100 and later and IE11. Since you are having problems, please contact Technical Support to work through the issue. Also, please note your call number so you can escalate the call if you feel the support continues to be inadequate. To escalate a call, you can ask the Technical Support Engineer to escalate the call and/or contact the Technical Support Operator and ask them to escalate the call number.

Darcy

PTC University

I'm with you on many of these points, Antonius...

I struggle with what can be done about it though. I go to Technical Committee meetings, I do every single PTC User Experience Lab they offer to provide feedback, I work in the user community, I participate in the PTC Live Event, and I even talk directly with PTC folks behind the scenes. Yet except for a few notable exceptions, the large and overarching problems remain unaddressed.

When people see a PTC Product Line Manager or executive, they're polite and friendly. So few people will stand up and be seen as the 'troublemaker' that PTC rarely hears negative feedback. PTC employees might troll these boards but they usually don't respond. If you ask most PTC employees, they're genuinely shocked when you tell them their software doesn't work correctly or that you've had a bad experience dealing with others at PTC. Some of them are like "Moonies" for pete's sake.

"Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell and they eagerly anticipate the journey". I apologize to the person who originally said this, but it gets my point across.

I would welcome the opportunity to talk with a PTC Product Line Manager or executive. I believe I could be polite and friendly, and still get my points across. Of course I sometimes use words like blunt objects.

Really.

I dream of this encounter.......

But from what I see on this forum, I don't think it would make much difference. If they're not listening to y'all, then obviously they don't care.

I thought I was being harsh, but then read the earlier posts.

Honestly, would you continue to drive an automobile that behaved the way this software/company does?

Darcy...

Let's break this down for a moment. I called tech support and opened a ticket. They gave me an answer (one I didn't like) and politely hung up the phone. I came on PTC Community and flipped out.... and now you've responded that I got the wrong information.

How can I tell when I've gotten a bad answer? Should I reopen every single ticket I've ever opened with PTC and escalate it to see if I get a better answer? Have we now all become children demanding candy at the checkout line and then 'shopping' from parent to parent hoping to get an answer we like?

If PTC's support personnel cannot be trusted to give a correct answer, why would I ever bother calling them again? I rarely waste my time calling them for a Creo problem anyway. But when I do, the fact that PTC Customer Support is so tremendously and consistently terrible still amazes me. I've gotten calls from PTC before apologizing and trying to explain some support tech's blunder. The thing is... it's been happening since the mid 1990's and it hasn't improved.

But to cut to the chase:

The Learning Connector DOES NOT WORK with Internet Explorer 11. Period. I believe the support tech is, in fact, correct this time. The code being loaded when you attempt to run Learning Connector is incompatible with IE11. A method call that does not exist in IE11 is being used. I reported this, I gave screenshots of it, and I dug into the registry and verified it. The Learning Connector believes I'm running IE11 (which I am) and it is failing to start due to an invalid method call "attachEvent" which should have been replaced with "addEventListener" at IE11.

So it's broken. And... again... someone needs to be fired.

Or to be more precise... The Learning Connector does not work with Creo 2.0 M100 running Windchill 10.2 M020 (SSL encrypted) on fully supported hardward if the client workstation is using Internet Explorer 11. There is no workaround. You cannot force the Learning Connector to use any other browser other than IE. You cannot set any clever registry keys to force the Learning Connector browser to use IE10 or IE9 commands (compatibility mode).

The tool is simply not functional. See the error below...

learning_connector_error.png

This also does not work on Creo 2.0 M110 so please save the line about the need to upgrade to the latest build code. I am using the absolute bleeding edge of production software available... and this tool does not function. Reopening a ticket in the hopes of getting a better tech or a better answer is simply unacceptable.

I guess that's what I am unable to get through my thick head, Jim... they do not care.

For some reason this just refuses to compute for me. I cannot bring myself to believe that these people honestly don't care when it's crystal clear they should. Which is how I arrived at the point in my previous message that no one seems to care anymore.

I spent two weeks at Disney in Florida just a few weeks back. "Best Customer Service Team on the Planet"... pfffft. Whatever. Once upon a time it used to be that way, not anymore. The same surly, entitled, self-absorbed jerks you find everywhere else were running rampant there. That's the big reveal... so many people in this country just can't be bothered to care about anything other than looking down at their cell phone.

I guess I just have a hard time believing a company can continue to exist with such sheer, unapologetic hubris. Apparently though, it can.

Hey Brian,

I feel your pain on most of this as well. I have seen the same issues as well with IE 11, M110 and M100 with PDMLink 10.2 M010 and M020 when we tested.

However, we just went live with PDMLink 10.2 M020 CSP01 and now it works....So I am thinking that something must have changed in the CSP01...

I just happened to check after reading this.

Regards,

Andy

I actually think it's the SSL encryption on Windchill that's somehow causing the problem but I'm not sure why this would be the case.

We have CSP01 and it still does not work. Are you using SSL for Windchill or not? If you connect to your server with an https:, you're definitely encrypted. Either way, it should work... why would WINDCHILL be messing with the Learning Connector in Creo?!

just showing http:

I agrees why should that matter? Odd.

I also just installed M120... no help.

It seems the only difference so far is that you run Windchill 10.2 M020 without SSL and I run it with SSL.

Mine is also significantly slower now that we've turned on SSL. Why? Who knows.