Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Learning Connector issues (?)

Re: Learning Connector issues (?)

It was strongly recommended to me to stay on IE10.  We have disabled/hidden the automatic update for IE11.  It has been some time since I've logged in on a regular basis, but do not recall having issues in the past and was able to login successfully today without errors.

Hopefully this is an option for most and will be helpful to others. 

Creo 2 M110, PDME 10.2 M020, IE10.

To All,

Here at my company, IE 11 is rolled out in a way that compatibility mode per process(learning_conn.exe) is needed.

FYI, the learning connector spawns from the creoagent.exe of which is a 32 bit app. Thus Settings for 32 bit IE are in play.

We had to set the compatibility mode to 8 (8000)  in the registry specifically for learning_conn.exe in the LOCAL_MACHINE, 32 bit IE section.

Here is the path and the settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

DWORD-32bit

learning_conn.exe

Value = 8000 Decimal

Once this is set, Learning Connector will launch without Script errors.  You may get the TRY AGAIN though still.learning_conn_fix_IE11.JPG

Yes, still get "LearningConnector is unavailable." and "Try again" on XP64 with Creo 2.0 M110 and IE8...

Jan,

Did you try Pete's suggestion. You need to elevate your rights on your computer if you are not an admin. This is a change to the computers registry.

Use Regedit and go to the path below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

You need to make a New, DWORD (32bit) Value

Name it learning_conn.exe

Change the Base to Decimal

and change the Value to 8000

learning_conn.png

from my  Wow6432Node

Jan,

Did you restart Creo? Did it work?

Lance

I mad the changes and started Creo afterwards.

Did it work for you?

No, it did not - I will make a post if it does.

My Learning Connector works again - I don't know why. Just started Creo and it was there.

For some other reason I had to set "afx_enabled no" in the config.pro. This was the only change I made before starting Creo. But it does not have an effect on the Learning Connector. I changed it again to "yes" and then back to "no" to check.