cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Licence Issue, Doesn't work after computer restart/ internet reset

JamesIR3
4-Participant

Licence Issue, Doesn't work after computer restart/ internet reset

Hello,

Creo 6.0.1.0 Student 

I keep getting License request failed for feature error.

Before installing I deleted every PTC file I could find. I ran the setup.exe - added in the key I got in the PDF - then got a email with a Licence file, added that as well - Finished the install - ran Parametric with no issues - Then I get the error. (Have tried reinstalling a few times yesterday)

Here is a few screenshots I have.

Looking at the screenshots it looks like my host ID is changing.

(Not sure if this is relevant, but I have a very unstable 4G hotspot for my internet, meaning at certain times I have to switch from 4G to 3G and toggle air plane mode to refresh the connection. Read somewhere that my MAC address is important but not sure if it changes when I refresh my connection (my IP does).)

Licence screen todayLicence screen todayError I got todayError I got todayAll the times I have triedAll the times I have triedRandom licence screen yesterdayRandom licence screen yesterdayError I got yesterdayError I got yesterday

3 REPLIES 3
JamesIR3
4-Participant
(To:JamesIR3)

Just confirmed that my Host ID is changing when I switch from 4G to 3G.

PTC Installation Assistant - Creo 6.0.1.0 2019-09-18 13.16.23.png

Hi,

my suggestion follows ...

• Take your computer to a friend where you can connect it to the Internet using a LAN cable and Ethernet network card.
  • Disable all other network cards.
  • Install Creo - installer uses MAC address of Ethernet network card.

Martin Hanák
JamesIR3
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the suggestion, I can see that will probably work. Trouble is I have a desktop and bringing my PC to a friends house on a bike isn't really possible.

It seems that I'll just have to use Creo in college then.

Thank you.

Top Tags