cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Licence error Creo 2

pbrown
1-Newbie

Licence error Creo 2

Hi All,

All of a sudden we have lost the connection to our Creo 2 server with this licence error.

I have tried to reconfigure the installation on our server using the reconfigure.bat but all instances of inputting the licence number are greyed out, I have tried disabling the Antivirus etc but without success.

Any ideas??

We are using the student Academic edition.

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Many thanks Mark and Jayanta for your prompt replies,

I fell like a bit of an idiot.

Investigating furthur I found out our PTC Sever was rebooted because of an outage and the Creo 2 Server software had not restarted so I restarted and presto all is good again!

There is a big lesson to be learnt in all of this....First check to see if the server is running via the PTC Licenece Server Tools in All Programs/PTC/PTC Licenece Server Tools and on the tab Start/Stop/Reread, start the Server!

This helped me..and if your problems looks like mine? It may save you a lot of heartache.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jsarkar
1-Newbie
(To:pbrown)

I guess you need check the lan connection, try to ping the server ip adress from the command prompt first, then check firewall etc.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:pbrown)

Hi Paul,

I agree with Jayanta, it sounds to me more like an issue of connectivity between the server and the client computer rather than a direct licensing problem.

Do you see the old license file during the "Licensing" stage of reconfiguring the license server? If possible can you include a screen shot of that step of installation?

Thanks!

Many thanks Mark and Jayanta for your prompt replies,

I fell like a bit of an idiot.

Investigating furthur I found out our PTC Sever was rebooted because of an outage and the Creo 2 Server software had not restarted so I restarted and presto all is good again!

There is a big lesson to be learnt in all of this....First check to see if the server is running via the PTC Licenece Server Tools in All Programs/PTC/PTC Licenece Server Tools and on the tab Start/Stop/Reread, start the Server!

This helped me..and if your problems looks like mine? It may save you a lot of heartache.

Paul

Hello there Mark, could you take a look at this post? You might be able to give us a hand...

http://communities.ptc.com/message/247892#247892

Thank you very much!

Top Tags