cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

License Request Error

cdrummo
1-Newbie

License Request Error

I am trying to use Creo 6.0 with the student code BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI and I get this error. I did receive an email of a file called "license pack". Is the code I'm supposed to use in that file?

5 REPLIES 5

@cdrummo wrote:

I am trying to use Creo 6.0 with the student code BK600908EDSTUDENTEDUNI and I get this error. I did receive an email of a file called "license pack". Is the code I'm supposed to use in that file?

Hi,

you have to empty C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory before you start Creo installation. I guess that Creo 5.0 license file is located in it now.

Martin Hanák

Are we supposed to do something with the license pack we receive by email? It has a different name than the files mentioned elsewhere

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:To8y)

@To8y wrote:

Are we supposed to do something with the license pack we receive by email? It has a different name than the files mentioned elsewhere

Hi,

if your Creo installation works well then you can then you can understand the email as a backup.

You can save email attachment to local disk and give it name of your choice, for example my_Creo6_license.dat.

In the future you can use this file when you decide to reinstall Creo.

Martin Hanák

Thanks. How is this done? Re-name to the requested filename and put in the Licensing folder?

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:To8y)

@To8y wrote:

Thanks. How is this done? Re-name to the requested filename and put in the Licensing folder?

Hi,

suppose you are using Student license. In such case license file contains locked license (no SERVER line is present).

During Creo reinstallation you do not enter Product code. Instead of it you put path to your license file into Source field in installer window.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags