cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

License trouble with Creo Simulate Educational edition

kpaulsen
1-Newbie

License trouble with Creo Simulate Educational edition

Hi

I had to reboot my computer and when I tried to reinstall the software it says "unable to get required Creo Simulate License." Both Creo Parametric and Creo Direct works. I have followed the steps shown here: http://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo3_unistudent_standard.pdf ,‌ and I have tried to install and uninstall several times. I appreciate the help.

Kristian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kristian,

The problem is that you are trying to access Creo Simulate, and you only have a license for Creo Simulate Lite. Creo Simulate is available only with the Creo Academic/Premium Edition. You have the Standard Edition licensed.

You can easily solve this issue by using Creo Simulate Lite.

All you need to do is open the part model in Creo Parametric, then press the Simulate button from the Applications tab. You will get the License Check that tells you that you don't have a license for Creo Simulate and after you press OK, you will be prompted a window for Model Setup. Select Simulate Lite, then click OK.

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Kristian,

The problem is that you are trying to access Creo Simulate, and you only have a license for Creo Simulate Lite. Creo Simulate is available only with the Creo Academic/Premium Edition. You have the Standard Edition licensed.

You can easily solve this issue by using Creo Simulate Lite.

All you need to do is open the part model in Creo Parametric, then press the Simulate button from the Applications tab. You will get the License Check that tells you that you don't have a license for Creo Simulate and after you press OK, you will be prompted a window for Model Setup. Select Simulate Lite, then click OK.

Chris

@ChrisCarr ,

The solution does not work. When I do what you suggest, I get a warning message (in the message area) "This edition of Creo Parametric does not include full Creo Simulate. Entering Creo Simulate Lite."

But a few seconds later I get another message "Leaving Creo Simulate for the model ..."

I tried again and again and again. Seems like a closed loop.

Any other suggestions how to solve this, please?

Thanks,

Dusko

I have a similar issue, can I get the creo simulate licence for creo 6.0.2.0 educational version.

have you found a solution since then ? Me and my classmates have the same problem.

Top Tags