cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

List Widget

rkmetz
1-Newbie

List Widget

I am trying to incorporate a function on my mashup where a user could see a drop-down list of the different things "sensors" that they could select to be in their mashup. The sensors have all been designed into there individual things with there individual properties. I was looking into using a list widget but I seem to be having problems since I can't bind and store all the different Things "sensors" that I have created to the list. Is there a better widget I could be using to preform these actions?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:rkmetz)

If I understand correctly, do you want to display different Things (or Sensors) through the widget? If they are based on the same Thing Template, you can use a service like 'GetImplementingThings' on the Template which will return all Things based on that Template.

rkmetz
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

That's kinda what I'm trying to do, but I also want to be able to click on those individual sensor under that Thing Template in the list and select however many I want to use in my application.

If you want to select multiple rows just enable the MultySelect property of the List widget. Then the queryImplementingThingsWithData service has the selectedRows output. Put the slectedRows output over another list/grid and there you will see all the items which you have selected.

In order to use the multi select feature, just hold CTRL and click on the items you want to select. You can do something like in the picture below:

Top Tags