Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a simple mould from an object

Highlighted

Making a simple mould from an object

PTC Creo can perform Boolean operations on shapes and subtracting an object from a block of material creates an exact negative or mould.

Mould_transparent.png Finished Mould.png

The attached document explains how to do this.

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Making a simple mould from an object

Hi Tim

perfect timing on this one as this is the sort of thing we were thinking about trying with our pupils.

thanks again for the lesson

Jeremy

sorry Tim

just a quick question, I can't seem to find  'Component operations', where is it in the drop down?

thanks

Jeremy

where is PTC_COIN_MOULD.ASM?

Cant get it to work even with "default_ext_ref_scope: all" and "Components permitted for external reference: all".

Still get the error message: "The selected entity is external. It cannot be backed up"

Sorry for not seeing this sooner, not sure what happened to the e-mail alert.

The Component Operations tool is in the Model ribbon > Components group. It's only available when you have an assembly open in Creo.

I just uploaded a Zip of the Creo models.  You shouldn't need to alter the config.pro

Thanx Timothy, sadly I cannot open the contents of your zip files ( "educational edition"). Im still wondering why I cant do it due to earlier described error. I tried to do it with skeleton solid models, still same error.

The component operations command is only available in an assembly and located in the Model > Components group in the drop-down at the bottom of the group.  Can you see the command in the menu?

Component_ops_menu.jpg

Which version are you using, it's possible your license doesn't include component operations.  It might be part of the advanced assembly module.

I do have component operations command and I do have AAX .

Oh well..

So does the error message appear when you first click Component Operations?

No, at step two.

thanks.