cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Mass in repeat region

Ramax
9-Granite

Mass in repeat region

Hello guys,

I would like to display the mass of the assembly components in a repeat region (BOM) on a drawing. My search brought me to the pro_mp_mass parameter which is part of the process. It seems there are two ways to access it: Either by creating a part relation like weight=pro_mp_mass and then using asm.mbr.weight in the repeat region or by directly using asm.mbr.pro_mp_mass. All in all I have three questions:

1) Does it make a difference which of the above mentioned ways I use?

2) pro_mp_mass seems to be some hidden parameter as it doesn't show up in the part parameter list. Is there a way to see these hidden parameters or do you basically have to know their names to be able to access them?

3) Is there an official solution from PTC or a step by step tutorial that describes how to properly create a "mass field" in a repeat region and get it filled? If so, does someone have a link?

Greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Ramax)

@Ramax wrote:

Hi Martin,

where do I have to create the asm_mbr_pro_mp_mass parameter? And do I have to assign a value to it? When I create it in the part, it has no effect (see attachment. I can't create it under "reported mass properties" as the plus is greyed out there). When entering the relation in the repeat region, I get an error message that asm_mbr_pro_mp_mass is an invalid symbol.

Greetings

Hi,

I am sending a couple of pictures.

pic1 ... my repeat region containg rpt.rel.A

rpt1.png

Table > Repeat Region... > Relations > select the repeat region opens following dialog box

rel1.png

rel2.png

I had to create both parameters

rel3.png

when parameters are available, you can add relation

rpt2.png

result is above

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

you can see PRO_MP_MASS parameter in Parameters dialog box

mass.png

I suggest you to use asm.mbr.pro_mp_mass in repeat region.

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

I'm running out of words to thank you :). I hadn't switched to "reported mass properties", that's why I couldn't see pro_mp_mass. Reporting pro_mp_mass in the repeat region works fine, but I have one last problem to overcome: When I set "No duplicates" for the repeat region, the mass displayed for items with quantities higher than one is the mass of one piece, not the mass of all pieces combined (see attached image). Do you (or someone else) know how to change that?

Greetings

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Ramax wrote:

Hello Martin,

I'm running out of words to thank you :). I hadn't switched to "reported mass properties", that's why I couldn't see pro_mp_mass. Reporting pro_mp_mass in the repeat region works fine, but I have one last problem to overcome: When I set "No duplicates" for the repeat region, the mass displayed for items with quantities higher than one is the mass of one piece, not the mass of all pieces combined (see attached image). Do you (or someone else) know how to change that?

Greetings

Hi,

it is difficult for me to imagine what is going on in your environment. If you upload your test data (parts, assembly, drawing) I can explore them and try to find a solution.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I gladly would, but I guess we would have the same problem we already had last time I did it: I am using the academic version and it seems you can't open these parts. I think there is an article (CS43832) on the issue but I can't access it.

Greetings

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

I finally understood your question ...

CS43832 contains following advice:

In order to use Relation in Repeat Region to get the total mass of an assembly component, Do following steps:

1.]

Define report parameter in repeat region by selecting the table cell > click right mouse key > Report Parameter > select rpt... > select rel... > select User Defined > enter symbol text (such as A)
2.]

Table > Repeat Region... > Relations > select the repeat region > enter relation as below

A=asm_mbr_pro_mp_mass*rpt_qty

Also expand Local Parameters list and check whether ASM_MBR_PRO_MP_MASS parameter exists (Type=Unknown). If parameter is missing you have to create it (set any Type, Creo changes it to Unknown)

3.]

Click Update Tables > Done

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

where do I have to create the asm_mbr_pro_mp_mass parameter? And do I have to assign a value to it? When I create it in the part, it has no effect (see attachment. I can't create it under "reported mass properties" as the plus is greyed out there). When entering the relation in the repeat region, I get an error message that asm_mbr_pro_mp_mass is an invalid symbol.

Greetings

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Ramax wrote:

Hi Martin,

Greetings

Hi,

I am sending a couple of pictures.

pic1 ... my repeat region containg rpt.rel.A

rpt1.png

Table > Repeat Region... > Relations > select the repeat region opens following dialog box

rel1.png

rel2.png

I had to create both parameters

rel3.png

when parameters are available, you can add relation

rpt2.png

result is above

Martin Hanák

Ah the parameter box is right beneath the relations. That does the job.

Thanks a lot. I really owe you a beer or something^^.

Greetings

Vince

Top Tags