cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

MathCad 12 Student Edition

PhilippTuchel
1-Newbie

MathCad 12 Student Edition

Dear Sir or Madam, I have recently bought the MathCad 12 Student Edition, but unfortunately it has neither worked on Windows XP nor on Windows Vista properly. First I have entered the Product-Key on both systems correctly and MathCad has been installed. On Windows Vista I have not been able to open mathcad.exe. To activate MathCad I have to open it, right? On Windows XP I have had the same problem besides opening mcad.exe for activation. After double-clicking on mathcad.exe and mcad.exe I have seen a running window, but it has been shut down. What is my fault? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance. Best regards, Philipp Tuchel
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Philipp, Can you please let me know where you purchased the version 12 from? The latest version is 14. Thanks, Mark

I have a MathCad 12 Mechanical Engineering CD that will not run without installing MathCad 12. However, because I have 14.0 student edition installed, I cannot access the Mechanical Engineering CD. Is there a way to access without having to install 12? Richard Crowson

"Philipp Tuchel" wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam, I have recently bought the MathCad 12 Student Edition, but unfortunately it has neither worked on Windows XP nor on Windows Vista properly. First I have entered the Product-Key on both systems correctly and MathCad has been installed. On Windows Vista I have not been able to open mathcad.exe. To activate MathCad I have to open it, right? On Windows XP I have had the same problem besides opening mcad.exe for activation. After double-clicking on mathcad.exe and mcad.exe I have seen a running window, but it has been shut down. What is my fault? I'm looking forward to hearing from you and thank you in advance. Best regards, Philipp Tuchel

Hi Richard, The Mechanical Eng CD is build with mathcad 12. This is why you need to install it before you can use it. It will not work with Mathcad 14. I am sorry. Mark

Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply. Finally I purchased the version 14 which works.

Best regards,

Philipp

Top Tags