cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad Prime 2.0 - error reading all .mcdx files

lstewart
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 2.0 - error reading all .mcdx files

I recently downloaded Mathcad Prime 2.0 academic version for use by my FTC team, but every mathcad worksheet file I try to read gives me the following error:

error capture.JPG

What did I do wrong or does the version I have not read all these files?

Thanks,

Rookie Coach

FTC Team 8477

rOHMing Robots

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:lstewart)

Hi Linda,

Unfortuantly it looks like this file was created using PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 and is not backwards compatible. Formally PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 will be released with PTC Creo 3.0 (end of these week or early next week at latest). I've included an xps version of the file, so you can see its contents.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Can you attach one of the Mathcad workhsheets that you are trying to open? I'm note quite sure why this would happen.

Attached is an example of one of the files I tried to open.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

Hi Linda,

Unfortuantly it looks like this file was created using PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 and is not backwards compatible. Formally PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0 will be released with PTC Creo 3.0 (end of these week or early next week at latest). I've included an xps version of the file, so you can see its contents.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

I thought it was recommended that FIRST teams stick with Mathcad Prime 2.0 for the season or am I getting that confused with Creo? I was able to open some other files last night. Thanks for the help.

MarkCheli
6-Contributor

It is, but I believe that this document came from outside of the PTC Academic Program. Our appologies for the inconvenience!

Top Tags