cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Mathcad Prime 3.0 won't re-install

heinadriaan
1-Newbie

Mathcad Prime 3.0 won't re-install

Yesterday I had Mathcad Prime 3.0 installed and running. Today I had to restore Windows 7, so I tried to install Prime again after downloading pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe again, but it won't re-install -only the quality agent. 1.png

2.png

PTC Mathcad and Mathcad PDSi viewable won't re-install.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks!

There was no "PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0" in the list, but the one that was in the list (PTC Quality Agent) I removed. After that I manually deleted "C:\Program Files\PTC" and "C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Roaming\PTC". From here I could install Prime again and it works!

(PDSi won't install, but I guess I don't need it.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkCheli
6-Contributor
(To:heinadriaan)

Hi,

If you go to Control Panel -> Uninstall Programs, does PTC Mathcad appear in the list? If so, try uninstalling it before you reinstall.

If that doesn't work then I would try to re-download the installer and try again. Please let me know if this does not work.

Also, I wouldn't worry to much about Mathcad PDSi viewable support unless you know you'll be using it.

Thanks!

There was no "PTC Mathcad Prime 3.0" in the list, but the one that was in the list (PTC Quality Agent) I removed. After that I manually deleted "C:\Program Files\PTC" and "C:\Users\MyUsername\AppData\Roaming\PTC". From here I could install Prime again and it works!

(PDSi won't install, but I guess I don't need it.)

Top Tags