cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Mechanism animation

ptc-5642850
1-Newbie

Mechanism animation

Hi everybody,

Currently in an internship, I learn to use creo 2.0 by myself. For fiew days I have a problem and I hope you can help me.

I modeled an engine on creo parametric and now I need to do an animation to show how the engine works (make move together gear, piston, valves... ). I can see everything turn when I run an analyse in the mechanism module and import it in the animation module of creo parametric, but I would like to see the engine in a section view to see inside the engine (the most interresting..).

So the problem is that when I activate the section view and that i go to the animation module of creo parametric, the full view is automatically apply. I try to use creo illustrate who is made to creat animation but it's exactly the opposite, I can apply the section view but i can't make move all the parts together...

So it' why i ask your help, is there a way to import the mechanism animation from creo parametric to illustrate? or an other solution to solve my problem?

Thanks in advance.

(Excuse my english who is not pretty good..)

Eddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-5642850)

If you want to show the full section during the animation, you could create an assembly cut that removes 1/2 of the assembly or just 1/2 of the the engine block. If your animation will include both a full assembly and a 1/2 assembly, just create 2 animation sequences with the assembly cut on and off and then merge the output videos together.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I guess, once you create the animation in mechanism, you can make the parts transparent like cylinder etc to show the motion of pistion inside in animation module.

Regards,

Jayanta Sarkar

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-5642850)

If you want to show the full section during the animation, you could create an assembly cut that removes 1/2 of the assembly or just 1/2 of the the engine block. If your animation will include both a full assembly and a 1/2 assembly, just create 2 animation sequences with the assembly cut on and off and then merge the output videos together.

Top Tags