cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Modeling help needed for helically symmetric geometry

ammarali311
1-Newbie

Modeling help needed for helically symmetric geometry

I have a geometry of solid pipe throughout with helical grooves on its surface running across the whole pipe. The pipe has 10 equal grooves. The geometry is helically symmetric. What i want is to extract a sector across the whole length of the pipe which has one groove in it. Because the pipe has 10 grooves, this makes the pipe a combination of 10 sectors each having one groove. As the pipe is helically symmetric, the sector i want to extract should also be helical and if i were to apply a pattern to that sector using axis as reference and using number of patterns to be 10, i should get the exact geometry as original pipe. I have tried to extract the sector and i got something useful but when i apply pattern to it, the geometry is not the exact original one, instead it has gaps along the intersection of individual sectors and pipe is not a smooth circle.Original pipe geometry with groovesOriginal pipe geometry with groovesHelical sector of pipeHelical sector of pipeAxis pattern applied to helical sector with gaps in the center of geometry.Axis pattern applied to helical sector with gaps in the center of geometry.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags