cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Move Student Edition To Another Comptuer

Bailey57
1-Newbie

Move Student Edition To Another Comptuer

My old computer died and I need to move the license file from my old computer to the new computer. I logged into support but would not let me access the "Reconfigure Software License" section because it said I don't have access to that. Does anyone know how I can get a new license file generated for my new computer? Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

I'm only familiar with the schools edition but maybe the process is the same. All I have had to do to generate a new license is begin the installation process, select "automatically generate licence file" when prompted then input my PTC user name and password. The licence is then automatically generated and you proceed as normal.

Hopefully this is helpful and if not, good luck and God speed with customer support.

it is the same...but you will need to enter your Product Code in order to install Student Edtion...

hi Jack,

sorry for the delay...can i get your order number please?

thanks

Dima

Dima,

How do you move a license from a working computer to a new one? I have student edition WildFire 4.0

Thanks,

Levi

i can create a new license file for you ....can i get your order number?

Order ID on the disk is 4483985511

CCD 271448

nope...Can you please provide your receipt for the purchase of Pro/E Student Edition? email me -

Hi, I have proof of purchace from Loughborough University where I bought my student copy. And have the same problem are you able to do this for me to if I email you?

hi Freddie,

All Academic support should go through our PTC Academic Support page where you can find a solution yourself or submit a support request from the Request Academic Support tab.

thanks

dima

Top Tags