cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

My experience with PTC

RjGingras
1-Newbie

My experience with PTC

Dear PTC

I am Richard Christopher Gingras Jr, I am a student at Agawam High and I am on the school's F.I.R.S.T. Robotics team, Rosie Robotics Team 839. I am currently the team's Director of engineering (Student who oversees all engineering process within the team) and the software my fellow students and I use to CAD the parts for our robot is PRO Engineer 5.0. We also use Windchill to store our files so we have access to them were ever we meet. My experience with your CAD software did not start with using PRO E on the robotics team, but using PRO Desktop in 8th grade were I excelled at using the program, and I got hooked to designing parts and objects on a computer. I then went on to high school joining Rosie and continuing to design parts on the computer, but instead I moved to PRO E, and continued to get better at CAD and improving my design skills. Now I am the team's lead designer and the one who students and mentors go to with questions about design and PRO E. I am currently planing on going to Western New England College in the fall for Mechanical and Electrical engineering. Using CAD software from PTC has helped me find what I want to do with my life and even helping me get there, so thank you PTC.

Sincerely

Richard Christopher Gingras Jr

3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for the post, Richard. It's great to read about your experiences with FIRST and PTCs CAD applications. I hope you and your team mate, Katie, convince more students to share their experiences with the PlanetPTC community. I also chose to pursue engineering while in high school many years ago, and it warms my heart to know that Pro/Engineer (Creo) is helping students today make that same choice.

Thanks again, and good luck with your pursuit of engineering in the fall.

-Celia Lee

p.s. I'd love to see you post some CAD model images here, FIRST related or not.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:RjGingras)

That's awesome Richard! Nice write-up too!

It sounds like you are on your way to being well-versed in design tools!

I hope you come back an mentor FIRST as a college student as well as keep in touch with the PTC/FIRST family here on PlanetPTC!

By the way, is there any chance we can see some models of Team 839's robot for Logomotion? Show off a little bit, you guys worked hard for it!

Thank you guys, and i just uploaded some photos of the caded version of the robot

Top Tags