cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Need CAD model for Banebot 550 with 16:1 gear reduction

ptc-4240237
1-Newbie

Need CAD model for Banebot 550 with 16:1 gear reduction

Does anybody know where I can get the CAD model for Banebot 550 with 16:1 gear reduction?

5 REPLIES 5

I think the Windchill 10 server is still down, but I should be able to get it as soon as it's back up. Not so sure if we have right reduction, so you may need to modify a bit.

Are you on Wildfire 5, or Creo 1?

Ed,

You can download the motors from here: http://apps.ptc.com/schools/BanebotMotors_2012.zip.

These were not in the final KOP BOM we received from FIRST so we did not include them in the KOP. Our mistake, sorry about that. I will see if we can get them added to the official KOP download ASAP.

Thanks,

Adam

We are using Wildfire 5. We found the model for 550 motor. We also found one gearbox but it is not 16:1 reduction. Unfortunately the model we found is in stp format and cannot be edited in Creo. We could make our own model but we still have a lot of other CAD work to do. I would appreciate it if someone can point me to a ready made model of the gear box with 16:1 reduction. Thanks.

Sorry Ed, many of the models we have in the KOP are not native Creo or Pro/ENGINEER. We are at the mercy of those providing the models to us. Some models come from the FIRST organization and many come directly from the parts supplier, we do not control what software the models are natively created in..

That said, there are many ways in Creo to edit the KOP models even if they do not have features. For example the length of a c-channel is edited in the same way it would be in the physical shop, you shorten it by creating a cut (Extrude that removes material). For teams that have moved from Creo Elements/Pro and have moved to Creo 1.0, the Flexible Modeling functionality will let them actually add a dimension to the imported data and then control the length using the dimension.

Are the gear boxes you are asking about the ones with part numbers 00968-2821_2012 and AM-0739_2012? If so, these parts are in the KOP that can be downloaded from here: www.ptc.com/go/firstkop.

In this year's KOP you will find a model named crio-frc_ii_2012.prt.1, this model is full featured and provided to us by Team 525 (THANKS!). If anyone else has models out there that they have created natively in Creo, we would love to add them to next season's KOP.

The part number AM-0739 that you are referring to is the housing of the CIMple Box Housing. I never mentioned anything about that.

The gearbox I am talking about is from BaneBots. It is the P60 Gearbox for 550 motor with 16:1 reduction. Here is the link. http://banebots.com/pc/P60K-S5/P60K-44-0004.

Top Tags