cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

New to Creo

ptc-4307516
1-Newbie

New to Creo

I am brand new to using Creo for FTC. I have downloaded the program and the kit of parts. I have gone into Creo and set the parts as my working directory. When I try to open any part, I receive the message that the filee "cannot be retrieved". What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had this problem. Be sure you are using Creo Parametric in order to be able to open the kit of parts and use them in an assembly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:ptc-4307516)

Did you get an academic/student version of Creo through the PTC FIRST Software page? Curious if you might have downloaded and installed a trial version which will not open the "student" models.

Try dragging the message area to be taller so you can see the complete message.

ptc-4307516
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

I did download it from this site but did it last year. I am not sure if it makes a difference. I have uninstalled the software and am downloading it again. Will make sure that is not the problem.

I had this problem. Be sure you are using Creo Parametric in order to be able to open the kit of parts and use them in an assembly.

Top Tags