cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

No Write Access to System32

OwenGroombridge
1-Newbie

No Write Access to System32

I've just installed wildfire 4.0 M092 on to my collegue's laptop, which runs Vista Business SP2. With exception of the Render Window (which may or may not be a connected problem - basically it goes through the Render Proceedure, but does not display the finished result!), it works fine when used as an Administrator. When I come to log on as User - which does not have Admin Rights (preferably so) the software loads but then specifies the following: "No write access to C:\windows\system32\ Please choose another startup directory for trail creation." I've tried setting a new directory, i.e. "C:\Users\*name\" which works, but has to be re-applied on every start-up. Does anyone have any firm suggestions to getting around this problem without the need of allowing my collegue Administrator Rights? I have not have this problem with XP Pro, although I understand that Vista has tighter security protocals. Many thanks, Owen.
2 REPLIES 2

all sorted

Thanks for telling everyone how it was fixed.

Top Tags