cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Onshape and Creo comparability.

SimonHooker
8-Gravel

Onshape and Creo comparability.

We are looking at moving our younger students to use Onshape instead of Creo. Mainly as it is web based so student can use a home as it wont be limited to a Windows PC. However for our   A-Level and GCSE Students Creo would still be the go to programme due to the increased features it offers and the rendering capabilities.

I understand that OnShape can export STEP IGNS files etc but is there anyway Creo can open an Onshape file which can be Edited  in Creo Ie retains the model history. On  one webpage I found  it doesn’t mention the option to export directly to Creo   But I can see this option on the education version. Is this a possible future update to allow both to work together?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Best way to export from Onshape to Creo is using Parasolid. Even if the history of the part will not be available, Creo will be able to modify the part (using Flexible modeling). Creo will recognize the patterns, it will be able to edit champers and rounds...

In conclusion, even if the part history is not available, the student can at any time open Onshape in a browser, change the part/assembly and export it using Parasolid to Creo. Also in Creo Direct or in Creo Flexible Modeling the parts can be modified without any problem.

Let me know if you need more information!

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

Best way to export from Onshape to Creo is using Parasolid. Even if the history of the part will not be available, Creo will be able to modify the part (using Flexible modeling). Creo will recognize the patterns, it will be able to edit champers and rounds...

In conclusion, even if the part history is not available, the student can at any time open Onshape in a browser, change the part/assembly and export it using Parasolid to Creo. Also in Creo Direct or in Creo Flexible Modeling the parts can be modified without any problem.

Let me know if you need more information!

Thanks,

Alex

Top Tags