cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Opening Practice Parts with Student Edition

ptc-5173183
1-Newbie

Opening Practice Parts with Student Edition

Hi All,

I did an internship and I'm looking to practice with some of the parts and assenmblies I woked with from the company. Unfortunetly they were made in a commercial version of WF 4.0 and the student edition of CREO 2.0 won't let me open them.

Capture.PNG

Is there a way to work around this? Can I convert the parts? Is there a cheap version of W.F. 4.0 I could buy?

Any help would be appreciated. Even if there's a way to just view the parts and assemblies it would help.

Thanks,

Alex

3 REPLIES 3

Alex,

If your school has the Academic Edition of Creo it will open files created in the commercial version. The process of saving the files converts them to education format. If this option is not available, send me your files (assemblies and all components) and I will convert them for you. -

Thanks Tim,

Unfortunetly I have not been able to find access the academic edition of Creo. Besides the fact the assembly is quite enormous, 3+ GB of parts, I would also be nervous sending propriotery information.

Any chance you have another idea?

Thanks,

Alex

You can buy an Academic edition of Creo 2.0 at http://store.ptc.com. This will open the WF4 commercial files.

Top Tags