cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Opening creo 5 files with cre0 3

VecchiG
3-Visitor

Opening creo 5 files with cre0 3

Hello everyone,

I have a problem: for academic work I need to work on Creo 5.0 while i'm working at university labs, but on my PC I have Creo 3.0, which i'm using for other work.

Is it possible to save a file in creo 5 so it's possible to open and work with Creo 3 after ?
I tried to install Creo 5 on the PC but it seems it has problems.
It is possible to have two versions of Creo working on the same PC (both academic licences)

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1.]

If you save file in Creo 5.0 then you cannot open it in Creo 3.0 by default.

2.]

I hope you can install both versions on your home PC.

I expect that you installed Creo 3.0 Student version in the past and now you can install Creo 5.0.

Before you start Creo 5.0 installation, you have to move all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing into other directory.

Then you can install Creo 5.0.

After finishing Creo 5.0 installation, move files back to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing into other directory.

K-12       students can use Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5

See attached PDF files, too.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

1.]

If you save file in Creo 5.0 then you cannot open it in Creo 3.0 by default.

2.]

I hope you can install both versions on your home PC.

I expect that you installed Creo 3.0 Student version in the past and now you can install Creo 5.0.

Before you start Creo 5.0 installation, you have to move all files from C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing into other directory.

Then you can install Creo 5.0.

After finishing Creo 5.0 installation, move files back to C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing into other directory.

K-12       students can use Product code BE500806EDSTUDENTEDK12
University students can use Product code BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5

See attached PDF files, too.

Martin Hanák

thank you, 

now since i already tried to install Creo 5, I assume I have to uninstall it and re-do the entire operation.
I'm right?

Hi,

yes ... I'd do it that way, too.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags