cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PTC Creo 7.0 - Student Edition

OB_9667600
4-Participant

PTC Creo 7.0 - Student Edition

Hello,

I am currently installing the PTC Creo 7.0 - Student Edition. I'm following the Quick installation guide.

I am entering the simple licence code "BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI" as indicated and click "Install license". Now I am asked to enter my username and password. At this point the installation program always gives me the error "Authentification failed". The username and password are entered correctly!

Can anyone help me at this point?

Cheers1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I've sent you a private message with the reset password. I'd assume that there is some error in the password of your account (not generated by you).

Thanks,

Alex

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

@OB_9667600 wrote:

Hello,

I am currently installing the PTC Creo 7.0 - Student Edition. I'm following the Quick installation guide.

I am entering the simple licence code "BK700908EDSTUDENTEDUNI" as indicated and click "Install license". Now I am asked to enter my username and password. At this point the installation program always gives me the error "Authentification failed". The username and password are entered correctly!

Can anyone help me at this point?

Cheers1.JPG

Hi,

type username and password into Notepad (to be sure that the y are correct) and then copy&paste them into login window.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

thanks for the answer, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Same error as before.

My username and password are entered correctly.

@OB_9667600 wrote:

Hi,

thanks for the answer, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Same error as before.

My username and password are entered correctly.

Hi,

maybe you can try installing in English environment:

• open Command prompt window
  • enter command ...  set LANG=english
  • enter command ... your_directory_path\setup.exe
  • now you can see English installer (I hoppe)

Martin Hanák

Same error, different language

PTC2.JPG

Hi,

I have no other idea ...

Maybe the problem is related to the fact that users recognized serious problem in Creo Parametric 7.0.1.0 and PTC removed this version from download area used by commercial customers. It seems to me that PTC forgot to remove this version from download area used by academic community. I hope that @Alex_Cazacu  can look at your problem.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

I've sent you a private message with the reset password. I'd assume that there is some error in the password of your account (not generated by you).

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

that worked!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi
I have a similar problem. He typed everything correctly, there is even a success with logging in, but the release of the program pops up with a license error 😞 will you help me?obraz_2020-10-13_213151.png

@OZ_9662899 wrote:

Hi
I have a similar problem. He typed everything correctly, there is even a success with logging in, but the release of the program pops up with a license error 😞 will you help me?obraz_2020-10-13_213151.png

Hi,

your license file contains Creo 6.0 license. It cannot be used to run Creo 7.0.

Please read following documents slowly and carefully:

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo7_schools_standard.pdf 

https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo7_unistudent_standard.pdf 

Martin Hanák

HELO

I also had this type of fear, because I received a similar instruction on email when you linked me, only for creo 6. I had to enter the same action, but a different code. It is the same with the rest of the proceedings. I also had to reinstall creo 7 but it worked. Thank you very very much MartinHanak 😉

I just have one more question. The simulation module is not active in CREO 7. Is that normal for the student version because I thought it was available in this version? 🤔

@OZ_9662899 wrote:

I just have one more question. The simulation module is not active in CREO 7. Is that normal for the student version because I thought it was available in this version? 🤔

Hi,

Student license file does not contain full Creo Simulate license. Only Creo Simulate Lite functionality is available.

I hope @Alex_Cazacu can provide information which student product you need to buy to have access to Creo Simulate.

Martin Hanák

Hello,

There are 2 Creo student editions: Free Standard that you are using and Premium that can be purchased from the https://store.ptc.com/ 

The free student edition has Simulate lite and the Premium has full (student) Simulate.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello,

Could you please send me the reset password. I have the same problem, basic password reset doesn't work for me.

Thank you,

Klara

Hello together,

I have the same probleme. Could you send me the reset password too?

Thanks and best wishes.

Benji

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Benji)

@Benji wrote:

Hello together,

I have the same probleme. Could you send me the reset password too?

Thanks and best wishes.

Benji

Hi,

please use following URL to reset your password.

https://www.ptc.com/appserver/common/account/password.jsp 

Martin Hanák
Top Tags