cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

PTC Creo Slow Down

rhelber
4-Participant

PTC Creo Slow Down

PTC Creo Parametric 3.0 M070, student version, has been running well for several weeks on two nearly identical laptops.  Today, on one laptop, PTC creo has slowed down to a crawl and is nearly useless.  Trying to rotate even the most simple part is agonizing.  There is a terrible lag for doing everything.

The laptop works fine for other programs.  I'm using it right now.  Just PTC creo has this problem.  Creo works fine on the other nearly identical laptop.

I have tried (1) reverting to default settings, (2) rebooting, and (3) uninstalling and re-installing creo and nothing has helped.  Any ideas?

The only recent change to this laptop is the installation of python(x,y) for scientific computing.  Could that interfere with PTC?

Help please, we are trying to finalize our FRC robot.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rhelber
4-Participant
(To:rhelber)

Okay.  All is well.  Had to drag and drop my license file into the installer.  We are back in business.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rhelber
4-Participant

The problem turned out to be our graphics card driver.  The other laptop had the same problem.  Had to download GeForce Experience to get the latest driver.   But now I'm having trouble re-instating my software licence!

rhelber
4-Participant

Okay.  All is well.  Had to drag and drop my license file into the installer.  We are back in business.  Thanks.

Top Tags