cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

PTC Creo View Startup

abdulmismail
4-Participant

PTC Creo View Startup

Both desktop and laptop failed within a month of each other so after a hard drive wipe, I reinstalled all my software.

However, I installed PTC Creo 'before' I installed Outlook (so at the time of reinstallation, I didn't have access to the licence file but now I do). I thought I could add the licence file after installation but when I run PTC Creo 3.0, I get a pop-up titled "PTC Creo View Startup".

I selection the edition (Creo View Standard) and for MCAD Licence Options I select "Load when required" for both interference analysis and animator.

It asks for "Licence Information" (i.e. licence server) and Pre-configured Licence Servers...

...but it does allow me to drag/drop the licence file.

Can anyone help? I reviewed the 3 pages of problems that others experienced, including going to C: > Program Files > PTC > Creo 3.0 > M040 > Options Modeler > bin > "reconfigure" but that doesn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

1. uninstall Creo
  2. install Creo

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Hi,

1. uninstall Creo
  2. install Creo

Martin Hanák

Yep. That's the easiest solution. I was just hoping to avoid that and thought there was a quick fix. Thanks!

I managed to install PTC CREO but I'm now getting an error message as follows;

"Licence request failed for feature

Requesting CREOPMA_Student3 ...

F:\Sofftware\PTC Creo Parametric 32 bit\sw_licence_email_[Number].dat (-1) Cannot find licence file.

BTW, I don't have an F drive on my laptop. 

Can you assist?

Hi,

1.]

Installer saves license file into C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory. Please check this location.

2.]

Path to license file is included in parametric.psf file located in CREO3_LOADPOINT\Parametric\bin directory. Edit this file using Notepad and correct path to license file in it.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

1. C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing doesn't exist. The only two folders under ProgramData\PTC are "Mathcad Prime" and "QualityAgent"

2. I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program. It said "Licence request failed for feature". Attached is the screenshot of the errors.

This has been a waste of a day so I'd appreicate your support to rectify this issue.

Ab

Hi,

license file mentioned on picture from your reply (‎2017-11-19 08:11 PM) contains invalid license. The license expired on12-November-2016. You can remove this file.

C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory is hidden. Look into install_creo4_schools_standard_2017-11-19.pdf for information.

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin. I will try this.

Please tell community, what Creo version you want to get to work.

Martin Hanák

I just want to get the edition that I already bought to work. That is PTC CREO 3.0 M040.

Hi,

unfortunatelly I do not know what did you buy and how.

Martin Hanák

This is the earliest e-mail I could find. Could it be that I only procured a 1-year licence; not realising that it was only for 1-year (which would explain why it expired)?

--

Dear User,

Thank you for your interest in the PTC Creo 2.0 Student Edition.

Attached is a backup copy of the license file that was downloaded during the initial installation of Creo 2.0. The installation can only have completed if the file was successfully downloaded and this file is intended only as a backup.

If desired this file can be saved in your email or to a folder on the C: drive such as C:\ptc on the machine that you have installed Creo 2.0 to be used if the original file is lost or deleted.

If you have received this license file after requesting it manually from the PTC website or if the Creo 2.0 software must be reinstalled this copy of the license file can be dragged into the textbox underneath the License Summary section on the License Identification screen of the PTC Install Manager.

This file is a text file and is intended ONLY for the machine on which the software was installed. Editing this file may render it unusable.

If you have questions about this process, please send them to us by filling out the academic support request form www.ptc.com/go/academic-support.

For more information about how Creo is being used in Education, please go to www.ptc.com/go/academicprogram.

Regards,

PTC

Hi,

I do not know why did you receive the email.

INFO: If you are student (K-12 or UNIVERSITY) then you can get and use Student license (its valid for 1 year) for free. When 1-year period expires then you remove "old" license file and reinstall Creo. This way you will get license file for next year.

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

I'm doing a PhD and have valid student ID.

To be honest, I can't remember why I received that e-mail either. Perhaps it's because I experienced problems so they e-mailed me the key.

OK, I'll follow your instructions and try again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ab

Hi Martin,

That seems to have done the trick. It's installed on my desktop. Will try to install it on my laptop tomorrow. For the sake of consistency, I'm only installing 3.0 because I see you don't have a 32-bit version for 4.0 and I need both my desktop and laptop version to be the same.

Thanks once again for your support. It's greatly appreciated.

Ab

p.s. I found out what that e-mail was. When I registered, it sent me a backup licence to my university e-mail address.

Top Tags