cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

PTC installation assistant dialogue box not showing up

WT2017
1-Newbie

PTC installation assistant dialogue box not showing up

I am trying to download creo 3.0 on my computer. After downloading it, it came out to be a zip file. I clicked setup.exe as told by my school ut all it keeps doing is displaying "Do you want this to change your device" and the ptc installation assistant dialogue bok is not showing up. I don't what the problem is. Could someone help me thankyou!

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

when you finish download of ~4GB zip file, you have to unzip it firstly. Install 7-zip software and use it to unzip downloaded file into new empty directory. Then run setup.exe from this location.

Martin Hanák

Hello i have the same problem (V4) when i click to lauch the setup.exe it just the file just don't run... i don't know what to do...

Hi,

please describe all steps you have done.

Martin Hanák

Okay,

So i'm a student so i made an account then dowloaded the zip file named ''Win 64 DVD (4.006 GB)'' (i'm on windows 10). Once it's dowloaded i unziped it. Then when i launch the ''setup.exe'' application or the ''setup-school''.exe'' Nothing happens. I tried to dowload it it twice or unzip it somewhere else but it just wont open the PTC Installation Assistant dialog box.... 

I tried to disable my antivirus but it's not better... 

Hi,

I did the test:

• I downloaded  ''Win 64 DVD (4.006 GB)''
  • I unzipped it using 7-zip
  • ''setup.exe'' and ''setup-school''.exe'' works as expected in my Windows 7 Professional

It's difficult to guess what is wrong on your PC 😞 ... I have no idea.

Martin Hanák

I found a way to start it: Lauch the setup.exe directly from the zip file.

Anyway thank you !

Top Tags