cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Possibility of running Creo 3.0 on Amazon cloud server or Azure

gchen-2
7-Bedrock

Possibility of running Creo 3.0 on Amazon cloud server or Azure

hi,

i was trying to run Creo 3.0 academic version on Amazon Web Server, it's a Windows Server 2016 system. Hardware requirements are reached. Running on single Xeon E5 processor, I installed Creo and license without any problem, but when I try to open it, it said it's a student licenses and does not have feature for floating license. It's there a way to apply for floating education license? Because running on Amazon gpu optimized server should save a lot of time and we actually got sponsored by them. We also tried distribut computing, but I don't think academic version support it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

if you are K-12 school, then you can request floating LAB license (qty 150). Go to Creo K-12 Educator | PTC page, fill the form, click Submit. On next page you can request Premium Lab License.

If you need to get only 1 floating license, then ... I do not have any idea, how to request it. If you tell me where is your school located, then I can ask my PTC contact, who at PTC is responsible for your area.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
smorris
5-Regular Member
(To:gchen-2)

Gary Chen‌ I moved this discussion into the Academic Support‌ community since it will ultimately involve a request to - for a floating license of Creo.

gchen-2
7-Bedrock
(To:smorris)

tthank you, I hope there is a chance to get floating license

gchen-2
7-Bedrock

Ummm floating license as Christmas gift? Possible?

Hi,

if you are K-12 school, then you can request floating LAB license (qty 150). Go to Creo K-12 Educator | PTC page, fill the form, click Submit. On next page you can request Premium Lab License.

If you need to get only 1 floating license, then ... I do not have any idea, how to request it. If you tell me where is your school located, then I can ask my PTC contact, who at PTC is responsible for your area.

MH

Martin Hanák

is it going to be free?

Hi,

floating LAB license (qty 150) for K-12 school is available free of charge. Use link I provided in previous email.

MH

Martin Hanák

Thank you!!! I was in holiday, sorry for the delay reply! I just submit the website form, hope something can come up before kickoff, Thank you!!!!!! Happy 2017

smorris
5-Regular Member
(To:gchen-2)

I hope you have done your homework on this one and know what type of instances to request from each provider. OpenGL support is not provided in an evaluation instance from either vendor. For AWS, you'll want a g2 instance, which is not inexpensive to own and operate.

If you really want cloud based CAD, why not go to OnShape? Seems like a lot of effort to install, license and configure Creo in an IaaS manner that will be sub-par w/o full OpenGL support.

gchen-2
7-Bedrock

g2 is not a problem, even if i just get some c4, tons of cpu will be pretty fast i think (if i really need that crazy card on cloud), onshape......are you sure that thing is not our competitor? I created a free account last month, for simple things it's kinda barely fit......amazed when i saw i can directly open creo student file on it, it's going to be handy for file converting. But for a lot of mechanism analysis and rendering and so, LOL....I think creo is still much more handy.

mechnism analysis it's all about cpu clock speed, single thread integral calculation anyway, just hoping aws has some fast cpu

Top Tags