cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pro/E 4 and 5 installation hangs right after starting setup

TeroOikkonen
1-Newbie

Pro/E 4 and 5 installation hangs right after starting setup

Hi,

I've been trying to install schools edition of Pro/E 5 64bit and Pro/E 4 for windows 7 64bit. The installation hangs as shown in the attachment. I've tried to run the setup as administrator, with/without windows recommended settings and antivirus software turned on/off but the outcome is the same. Can you please help me with this issue.

Thanks you in advance.

regards,

Tero Oikkonen

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Tero,

I was wondering if you are on the Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition? We're having the same problem on that OS.

did you download it from the web?

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:dorlov)

Yep

dorlov
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

i beleive this is the issue...you need to reinstall it from an original CD/DVD

BTW WF 4.0 does not support 64 bits systems....

JoshH
3-Visitor

Thanks Dmitry, can you post a link to order the WF5 student CD's?

dorlov
1-Newbie

- or - if FIRST related....

Josh .. Student or Schools Edition?

JoshH
3-Visitor

I believe it is the Student edition from this link http://www.ptc.com/appserver/mkt/educational/program.jsp?&im_dbkey=111982&icg_dbkey=851 that Mark sent me. I hadn't seen the 2 GB download until today. Shouldn't that be as good as getting a real CD?

JoshH
3-Visitor

Actually, that link (http://download.ptc.com/images/wf5_schools/WF5_Schools_4Gbs.zip) doesn't work. I guess you might have some pull to get that fixed?

I'll e-mail FIRST support for the WF5 64-bit CD.

dorlov
1-Newbie

when you email us at - please include your best mailing address....

dorlov
1-Newbie

2GB link doesn't work.....i did test it on Friday....we will replace it shortly....the size of the image is close to 4 GB...and this is Schools edition not Student.

Top Tags