cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Pro E Schools Edition will not load

TonyTruong
1-Newbie

Pro E Schools Edition will not load

I am having problems starting Pro E. The installation went fine and installed successfully. However, when I double click on the Pro E icon, nothing happens. I tried to add "graphics win32_gdi" into config.pro file to no avail. I also tried to run the program in 256 color. This will cause the program to flash an empty black screen then nothing again. Any help is appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Tony, Please send an email to -, including your system specifications. My team will be able to help you. Regards, Mark

"Mark S. Fischer" wrote:

Hi Tony, Please send an email to -, including your system specifications. My team will be able to help you. Regards, Mark

I have sent an email to the schools group, and will wait for their reply.
But I would like to let the rest of you know what I have found...
I am an instructor at a Technical College.
Teaching WF5 to 15 students currently.
Those that have downloaded the 64bit version are up and running at home... no problems.
Windows 7 is fine also.
However, I have 4 who have Vista 32bit OS... with a serious repeatable installer problem.
We ran the installer "Run as Administrator" just in case.
The loadpoint\text directory is missing about 180 MB of files!!
After the installer runs and the files are finished downloading... they only have 4 folders and one file in the \text directory.
I have copied the whole text directory from our Educational Version loadpoint... and got them running.
But I am still worried that there are more required files missing in other folders.
Top Tags